All Languages    |   EN   SV   IS   RU   IT   FR   RO   PT   HU   LA   NL   SK   HR   ES   BG   NO   FI   CS   DA   TR   PL   SR   EL   EO   |   SK   HU   FR   PL   NL   SQ   RU   NO   ES   SV   IT   DA   CS   PT   HR   RO   |   more ...

Anglicko-český slovník

BETA Online Dictionary English-Czech: Enter keyword here!
 ÁáČč...
  Options | Tips | FAQ | Abbreviations | Desktop

LoginSign Up
Home|About/Extras|Vocab Trainer|Subjects|Users|Forum|Contribute!
Übersetzungsforum Tschechisch-Englisch
 Translation please »
« need translation of a song and corrected Czech ...    

English-Czech Translation of
Old photo captions

« go back | show/hide answers | notify of additions
Term:
Old photo captions  
by SteveJ811, 2017-01-29, 19:12  Spam?  12.13.14...
Hi -
I am investing my family tree and have several photos with hand written notes on the back that I am trying to translate.  The first says:
"Pamiatku od svátéko byrmovania.  Tetička Bratislavý súnam byrmovna mama."

I know this relates to a feast celebration but cannot get the rest of it.  There may my errors due to my interpretation of the handwriting.

The second item appears on the back of several photos and I believe it may be a city or town.  It appears variously as:
Rim. Baría
Rimavsky Bari

These photos are all from the 1920-1930s.

Any and all help much appreciated!

Thanks
Steve
Answer:
Slovak  #863886
by bacek73 (CZ), 2017-01-30, 08:16  Spam?  
Hi,
try this question put in Slovak - English translation forum. Maybe there anybody will help.
My attempt:
Pamiatku od svátéko byrmovania - Memory of holy confirmation.
Tetička Bratislavý súnam byrmovna mama - Auntie from Bratislava is on the mama's confirmation.

Zdenek
Answer:
Old photo captions  #867552
by renbyska (SK), 2017-03-27, 13:23  Spam?  
I hope my answer will be of any help yet.
As to the first notes:
"Memory of the Comfirmation. Auntie from Bratislava was our Confirmation Godmother."
The second part:
I believe, it´s "Barca" that should come out of the handwriting, because there is a village called "Barca" that really exists in the municipality of Rimavská Sobota in Slovakia. Maybe it was called Rimavská Barca by the locals in the past. Please check with the link:
Wikipedia(EN): Barca,_Rimavsk%C3%A1_Sobota_District

Renata - Slovakia

Optional: Login | Sign Up 
  Answer the question or add a comment
Please log in to post an answer to this thread - or post a new question.
back to top | home© 2002 - 2017 Paul Hemetsberger | contact
English-Czech online dictionary (Anglicko-český slovník) developed to help you share your knowledge with others. More information!
Links to this dictionary or to single translations are very welcome! Questions and Answers
Remove Ads